Our Brand Promise
Arame Salon & Spa promises to consistently deliver a world class guest care experience by always exceeding expectations!
Skill Certification Program
All technical staff goes through our skill certification program and work for a period of time as an associate. You guessed it, even people with tons of experience. You may know all about doing the services, but you can only learn about our culture through spending some time on the front lines. The training phase can be quick or lengthy depending on the job/position, your level of expertise and the ability to integrate into our culture.
Education does not end when the training program does. And is not limited to technical staff. We want all of our team to grow their minds, which is why a strong commitment to continuing education is a part of our culture.
Once you are eligible, salon benefits include:
• Vacation pay
• Product and service discounts
• Paid Professional Educational events & Professional online education
• Company match Simple IRA
For additional information about employment with Arame Salon & Spa, please download our Application Information document.
We are currently seeking highly qualified candidates for the following openings:
We are currently seeking positive, enthusiastic and dedicated designers to join our team.
Are you pursuing a career as a hair designer? Are you a student just out of beauty school or a new designer in the industry? Are you looking for the next level of education and opportunity? Then Arame Salon & Spa’s Designer “Skill Certification Program” is just what you have been looking for! It will allow you to achieve your goals, and be on the cutting edge of this ever evolving industry.
As a New Designer you will receive weekly in-salon and professional online education, structured to equip you with the foundation for salon systems, teamwork, professional business ethics, expectations, tools & techniques.
Our hair education draws on training from Aveda and includes the consultation, cutting, color application, foil placement, balayage, color formulation, and hair types and texture. Understanding and getting certified in these skills will create any desired look consistently, and provide you with a bright future. Advanced training in all these areas will be provided as you gain experience. This advanced education will challenge you and inspire your creativity, preparing you for the highest level of hair design and color techniques behind the chair at Arame Salon & Spa.
Guest Care Services
Arame Salon & Spa, an Aveda Concept Salon in Port Jefferson Village, is looking for a career-minded person who is personable and outgoing to join our Guest Care Services Team.
- Positive attitude with great communications skills. Must be able to handle multiple tasks at one time (we are BUSY! You will have the phone ring, guests checking in and out all at the same time).
- Have excellent customer service skills (if you have no experience in this area, you need not apply).
- Must be friendly and engaging with people of all ages (we have guests of all ages and walks of life and love them all and so should you).
- Excellent phone skills (part of your day will be confirming appointments, booking new appointments and taking messages).
- Comfortable handling/counting money (efficiently).
- Must smile a bunch!
This is a full time position. Compensation commensurate with experience. You will be working in a fantastic environment with a great team, growth opportunities, vacation pay, retirement benefits and more!